Tsukasa Electronics Corporation(“Tsukasa”) in accordance with its Basic Commitment and Standards of Conduct, engages in business activities that contribute to society, while endeavoring to earn the trust of all customers and meet the expectations of stakeholders.
Tsukasa protects personal data obtained from its stakeholders in the course of business activities appropriately in accordance with the following Basic Policy, recognizing that personal data is an important asset of each stakeholder and also an important asset for Tsukasa leading to creation of new value.
1. Basic Policy
- Tsukasa strictly observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations. Toshiba has established the Toshiba Personal Data Protection Program (the "Program"), which Toshiba carefully implements and maintains, while striving to continuously improve the personal data protection management system.
- Tsukasa has established a management framework to protect personal data assigning a person in charge at each of its relevant divisions and ensures that all officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program and comply with it.
- Tsukasa utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers. Tsukasa does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, Tsukasa strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and continually enhances and remediates information security management.
- Tsukasa responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
2. Intended Use of Personal Data
When Tsukasa obtains personal data from customers on each products and services, Tsukasa clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used. Tsukasa uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, Tsukasa notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer’s consent before using the information for such purpose. Tsukasa uses personal data which are contracted from other companies within the scope of the contract with the company.
3. Provision of Personal Data
- Tsukasa does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
1) When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure 2) When complying with laws and regulations 3) When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer 4) When Tsukasa consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use 5) When another entity succeeds to the business of Tsukasa due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- Notwithstanding (I.) above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by a Tsukasa affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such case, the customer may request Tsukasa to stop disclosing such information to such affiliate or distributor.
4. Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
Tsukasa complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by Tsukasa : 1) Request for disclosure; 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose ; 3) Request for correction; 4) Request for addition; 5) Request for deletion; and 6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties.
5. Notice regarding websites of Tsukasa
Notice for Use of ServicesPlease note that some services provided by Tsukasa (including services offered on websites operated by Tsukasa) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
Encryption of TransmissionIn case Tsukasa receives personal data from customers, the website uses encryption technology such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and the personal data of customers is protected. It may not be possible to access the page from browsers that do not support SSL or other technologies.
Notes for LinksTsukasa disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked from Tsukasa websites. Please confirm the privacy policies of the linked websites of third parties.
6. Information on important changes and notices
When important changes and notices on personal data arise, Tsukasa will post it to Information.
From time to time Toshiba may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers' personal data and to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.
stablished: Sep 7, 2012
Tsukasa Electronics Corporation